Ensure that you have a dedicated display for Christmas essentials e.g. sellotape, wrapping paper, gift bags, gift tags, chocolates, mince pies, christmas puddings etc this will vary depending on your store and your customers.
Security and Insurance
- Ensure that you have enough insurance cover for extra seasonal/high value stock
- Check if you require extra cash in transit cover or extra cash for your ATM?
- Closed Christmas Day? Have you informed your alarm company!
- Prepare your logistics for Christmas deliveries, storage of extra stock etc
- Enquire with all suppliers especially bread and milk suppliers, when do they start resupplying as Christmas falls on a Wednesday this year.
- There is a huge opportunity for extra sales for the days in between Christmas and New Years – batteries, flowers, minerals, headache remedies, cards, giftware, party food etc. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to generate extra sales for your store.
- Increase your supply of newspapers for the Stephens Day and New Years period and increase your facings of newspapers for the main racing days.
Keep your social media pages updated with the range of stock you supply – if you have or you offer something different than anyone else then let your customers know!