Department announces details of “Latte Levy” to retailers. (See Here)
At a briefing given by officials from Minister Eamon Ryan’s Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications, the following provisions were disclosed:
- The levy will apply to ‘Hot beverage single-use cups only in 2022’.
- The levy will be 20 cent.
- There will b a public education and awareness campaign.
- It is payable by the person selling the goods/products.
- The implementation date is December 1st 2022.
- Not applicable at wholesale level, payable at point of sale.
- Revenue are the collectors of the levy – identical arrangements as plastic bag levy (annual filing allowed only if they pay less that €1,000 in total over four consecutive quarters.